The CEO Initiative and Action Plan was approved at the start of the year in alignment with the 2021 Board Strategic Initiatives. The action plan, which focuses on accessibility, sustainability and collaboration, consists of three Board initiatives broken down into nine CEO initiatives to be monitored through 96 milestones throughout the year.
Mid-year accomplishments include the following:
- Adopting the fiscal year 2020-21 Comprehensive Business Plan, ensuring the financial feasibility of OCTA’s programs and services
- Adopting a $1.3 billion budget for fiscal year 2021-22, which encompasses all services, projects and programs that are administered by OCTA
- Updating the Measure M Next 10 Plan, ensuring promises to voters will be kept
- Beginning construction on the Anaheim Canyon Metrolink Station to improve train service and accommodate planned future train service
- Launching a diversity, equity and inclusion webpage to further strengthen OCTA’s commitment to providing equitable public transportation and engaging with diverse and disadvantaged communities
- Expanding the College Pass Program to Cypress College, allowing enrolled students to travel on any OC Bus free of charge