Each year, OCTA updates the Measure M Next 10 Delivery Plan, which outlines how improvements will be delivered to transit, streets, freeways and the environment.
The updated Next 10 Plan incorporates this year’s Measure M forecast. The half-cent sales tax is now expected to generate $15 billion for transportation improvements through 2041, which reflects a $1.8 billion increase from the 2021 forecast. Measure M is also known as OC Go.
Highlights of the plan include:
- Deliver 13 freeway projects
- Continue annual endowment deposits
Streets and Roads
- Return 18% of funding to local agencies for transportation needs
- Provide annual grants to address street bottlenecks and gaps
- Fund ongoing coordination of 2,200 traffic signals
- Continue operation of Metrolink and fund station improvements
- Complete OC Streetcar construction and begin operations
- Offer enhanced mobility options for seniors and persons with disabilities
- Continue to support local transit circulators
- Continue to improve the top 100 busiest transit stops
- Provide ongoing grants for water cleanup projects