According to a recent survey, Orange County residents are aware of OCTA and supportive of its strategies and priorities. Conducted in June 2021 in English, Spanish and Vietnamese, OCTA’s Attitudinal and Awareness Survey measured awareness and opinions of the agency, gathered input on strategies and priorities for the 2022 Long-Range Transportation Plan and profiled residents’ use of Orange County’s transportation system, communications preferences and demographic information.
Key takeaways include:
- Nearly 90 percent of Orange County residents are aware of OCTA
- Favorable opinions of OCTA outnumber unfavorable opinions 2.5 to 1
- There is widespread support for all strategies designed to reduce vehicle trips, vehicle miles traveled and traffic congestion, including encouraging remote work, creating safe routes to school and improving commuter rail
- Pricing and policy strategies to reduce congestion received mixed reactions
- There is strong support for infrastructure repair and maintenance
OCTA’s Attitudinal and Awareness Survey is conducted every few years.