OC Go, also known as Measure M, improves life every day in Orange County by putting tax dollars to work locally.
Following are highlights of OC Go’s projects and programs during the first three months of 2022:
- Work progressed on the I-5 Improvement Project in South Orange County, which is scheduled for completion in 2024, and the I-405 Improvement Project, which is expected to fully open to traffic late next year.
- A consultant was selected to prepare plans, specifications and estimates for future improvements to SR-55 between I-5 and SR-91.
- Construction continued on the OC Streetcar project, including the placement of the first embedded track-slab concrete on Fourth Street, installation of ballasted track between the Westminster and Santa Ana River bridges and installation of the first steel structures for the maintenance and storage facility.
- A call for projects was released through the environmental cleanup program, which awards money on a competitive basis to cities and the county for projects that reduce the impacts of water pollution related to transportation. Since 2011, the program has allocated more than $54 million to projects that have captured an estimated 45.3 million gallons of trash.
- Ridership on Metrolink trains continued to trend positively, with total boardings on the Orange County line increasing on average by more than 100% compared to the same quarter last year. OC Go is the primary funding source for Metrolink service in Orange County.
Learn more about OC Go here.