The February 2018 Bus Service Plan includes revisions based on 376 comments received from the public after the initial plan was released.
OCTA adjusts bus service three time a year to ensure bus routes serve the county most efficiently. The February changes are part of the OC Bus 360° initiative to reallocate existing resources to areas where ridership demand is highest.
The planned changes for February were discussed at three public outreach meetings and a public hearing at a previous OCTA board meeting.
Major changes include:
- Improving weekday peak frequencies to 30 minutes on routes 56, 89, 90, and 91.
- Extending Route 59 to The District at Tustin Legacy and improving frequency on weekends.
- Improving weekend frequencies on routes 29, 43, 50, 53, 54, 60, and 91.
- Eliminating Sunday service on route 177.
- Eliminating bus trips with less than eight boardings in the morning or late evening on routes 30, 46, 50, 86, 90 and 153.
- Eliminating Express routes 212 and 216.
- Reducing or eliminating service on some lower-ridership segments of routes 463 and 794.
OCTA is implementing a comprehensive outreach program to notify riders of the changes before they go into effect on February 11, 2018. Learn more about the February 2018 Bus Service Plan here.