There are at least five ways to save money by taking the OC Fair Express, the fun bus that travels direct to the OC Fair weekends from nine locations through Aug. 12.
- Roundtrip fare is $4 and includes a coupon for $4 fair admission, a $10 savings.
- If you drove your car and paid for parking, that’s $10. Another 10 bucks saved.
- Metrolink and Amtrak Pacific Surfliner ticket holders ride for free.
- Seniors and persons with disabilities pay only 75¢ each way.
- Kids 5 and under ride free. Up to three with a fare-paying adult.
Here are a few suggestions for spending your savings.
Sample some interesting food. New this year: deep-fried cheese curds and mac & cheese bites at a stand called Who Fried the Cheese? If you haven’t had enough carbs, move on over to the spaghetti donut formed with pasta and topped with pesto, alfredo, carbonara or marinara at Pignotti’s. And for dessert, how about the Caramel Crack Fries with French fries tossed in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar then drizzled with salted caramel sauce and topped with whipping cream and sprinkles at Biggy’s?
Stroll over to the Main Mall and pick up hand-cut silhouettes, artwork, skin care items, furniture, clothing, cleaning products and more. Start your Christmas shopping early.
Whatever you do, enjoy! Make life even easier by buying your OC Fair Express with your smartphone and the OC Bus app. Learn more about the OC Fair Express here.