OCTA has released the 2013 edition of the OC Bikeways Guide to help cyclists navigate every inch of Orange County’s 1,000 miles of bikeways.
The comprehensive guide includes:
- A large map of the county’s bikeway system
- Tips on bicycle safety and sharing the road
- Information about taking bikes on OCTA buses or Metrolink trains
- Excerpts of the California Vehicle Code related to cyclists
- A list of bike locker locations, for cyclists who want to store their bikes for a short period of time
The 2013 guide has been revamped to include these new features:
- A new design to enhance readability
- 80 local bike shops have been listed and plotted on the map, making it easy for cyclists to find the shop closest to them when they need to pick up supplies or repair a flat tire
- Steep grades are identified along popular routes, helping cyclists to plan their trip according to their comfort level and riding ability
- Riders are invited to share their favorite photos of trails, commutes, or scenic views on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hash tag #BikeOC
OCTA would like to thank everyone who provided feedback and helped identify local bike shops. To request printed copies of the 2013 OC Bikeways Guide, please email the rideshare team at firstname.lastname@example.org. View the online version here.