OCTA Is Taking Safety Precautions Amid Virus Concerns
Safety is OCTA’s highest priority. In response to concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), OCTA has formed a Coronavirus Action Task Force that is in regular contact with, and taking direction from, the Orange County Health Care Agency (HCA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
OCTA is taking proactive measures to safeguard the health of OC Bus riders by:
- Enhancing the cleaning of all OC Buses
- Applying anti-viral disinfectant to every bus, every night
- Paying special attention and taking extra time cleaning surfaces that are touched most frequently
For more information about what you should know about the coronavirus, please visit the OC Health Care Agency website.
There are also steps you can take to protect yourself from illness. Based upon advice from the CDC:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not touch your face.
- Clean and disinfect items and surfaces that you touch frequently.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissues – then throw away the tissues and wash your hands. If no tissues are available, cough or sneeze into your elbow – not your hands.
- Practice simple social distancing techniques – use verbal salutations instead of handshakes.
OCTA will monitor and respond to the situation while continuing to offer safe, clean transportation throughout Orange County.