OCTA held the 43rd Annual Bus and Maintenance Roadeo Competition on September 28 at the Santa Ana Bus Base. The Roadeo brought together staff from maintenance and operations and administration as well as Board members who battled it out for recognition (and bragging rights) as they showed off their prowess in driving and maintaining OCTA buses.
In the driving competition, participants navigated buses through a challenging obstacle course designed to reflect real-life driving conditions. Competitors in the maintenance category concentrated intently as they fixed mechanical problems. One small slip can make the difference between first and last place.
Congratulations to the following winners:
1. Felipe Michel - Garden Grove Base
2. Freddy Guerrero - Garden Grove Base
3. Ronald Galang - Garden Grove Base
1. Ray Consiglio – Chris Jordan – Pat Courchaine
2. David Sanchez – Edwin Bernal – Gabriel Sanchez
3. Eddie Alvarez – Mark Sandoval – Steve Singer
1. Dustin Sifford
2. Patti Warrick
3. Logan Selleck
Executives and Board Members
1. Ken Phipps
2. Lance Larson
3. OCTA Director Gene Hernandez
The winning coach operator and maintenance team will represent OCTA at the American Public Transportation Association National Roadeo in San Antonio, Texas in May 2020.