Each year, OCTA CEO Darrell Johnson creates initiatives for improving Orange County transportation. The CEO Initiative and Action Plan was approved at the start of the year in alignment with the 2017 Board Strategic Initiatives. The action plan consists of 10 initiatives implemented through 59 projects and programs and is monitored through 89 milestones.
In the third quarter, 15 milestones were scheduled for completion and 10 were completed, while significant progress was made on the others.
Key accomplishments from the third quarter include:
- Securing the $629 million TIFIA loan with the U.S. Department of Transportation for the I-405 Improvement Project
- Advancing the SR-55 project through selection of a firm to prepare project plans
- Finalizing resource management plans for five of seven properties in the Freeway Environmental Mitigation Program
- Increasing bus ridership in core areas through OC Bus 360° efforts
- Making progress on the 2018 Long Range Transportation Plan as a result of OCTA’s managed lanes workshop
- Identifying 11 opportunity corridors for potential transit improvements as part of the Transit Master Plan