From July 12 through Aug. 11, the OC Fair Express will provide nonstop, direct service to the OC Fair from nine park-and-ride lots in Orange County.
For $2 each way, fairgoers may enjoy stress-free bus service that will run hourly from approximately 2:30 p.m. to midnight on Friday and from 9:30 a.m. to midnight on Saturday and Sunday.
Riders also will receive a coupon for $3 admission to the fair, a savings of $8 off the regular ticket price.
“The OC Fair Express offers riders a hassle-free, convenient and inexpensive way to get to and from the fair,” said OCTA Chairman Greg Winterbottom. “OCTA is pleased to provide this service for another year. Last year more than 46,000 fairgoers rode the OC Fair Express and this year we hope to increase our ridership and encourage more first-time riders to jump on board.”
Riders may board the OC Fair Express at the following locations:
- Fullerton Park and Ride, 3000 W. Orangethorpe Ave. in Fullerton
- The Depot at Santa Ana, 1000 E. Santa Ana Blvd. in Santa Ana
- Goldenwest Transportation Center, 7301 Center Ave. in Huntington Beach
- Anaheim Canyon Metrolink Station, 1039 N. Pacificenter Drive in Anaheim
- The Village at Orange, 1500 E. Village Way in Orange
- Newport Transportation Center, 1550 Avocado Ave. in Newport Beach
- Laguna Hills Transportation Center, 24282 Calle de los Caballeros in Laguna Hills
- Irvine Metrolink Station, 15215 Barranca Parkway in Irvine
- Junipero Serra Park and Ride, Corner of 1-5 Freeway and Junipero Serra Road in San Juan Capistrano
The OC Fair Express is made possible in part by a $342,000 grant provided by the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MSRC). MSRC provides subsidies for cleaner transportation alternatives.
For more information about the OC Fair Express, please visit www.octa.net/ocfairexpress.