This year’s Regional Active Transportation Forum “Smarter, Sustainable and Connected Communities: Moving Orange County Forward with One Voice” will focus on the intersection of active transportation and equitable development.
Presented by The Alliance for a Healthy Orange County and the OC Partnership to Improve Community Health, the full-day event in Santa Ana is free and open to the public. Keynoter Charles “Chuck” Marohn, editor of the Strong Towns blog, will present ideas about making cities better.
The event will include discussions on:
- Connections between active transportation, housing, and economic development
- The financial realities of cities, and how this affects active transportation policies
- Using GIS, data analytics, and other tech tools
- Community engagement, political leadership, social justice, and advocacy
- Best practices and innovative solutions for sustainable communities
Learn more about the event and register here.