Southern California is known for its year-round sunshine and great weather, but rainy weather is often a fact of life during the winter.
When it’s raining, stay safe by being careful, allowing extra time, and following these tips:
- Allow plenty of time to meet your train. When driving to the train station, exercise special caution on wet roads and allow some extra time to arrive early.
- Always be aware of fellow commuters walking to and from their vehicles on the surrounding roads and parking lots.
- Use your mobile device for train service and any status updates.
- Use caution when stepping on a train. Water dripping from clothes and umbrellas may make station platforms and train floors wet: store your wet umbrellas in a bag to avoid drips.
- Always hold handrails. Use caution and avoid looking down at handheld devices when climbing and descending stairs.