Thinking about ways to live more lightly on the planet? You’re not alone. People worldwide are concerned about the impact of global warming and air pollution.
Still, it’s hard to know what you can do to make an impact.
One simple way to take action is by reconsidering your transportation choices. By taking your car off the road just one day a week, you can help reduce carbon emissions and traffic congestion.
Here are a few ways that public transportation can help green your ride:
- Ride transit (OC Bus, OC Flex, Metrolink) on Tuesdays and get a free taco! Check out OCTA’s Taco Transit Tuesday deal.
- Commute to work in a vanpool. OCTA will help your company set one up and provides a $400 subsidy for eligible participants. Learn more about OC Vanpool.
- Bike to work with a little help from OC Bus or Metrolink. Pedal to a convenient bus stop or train station and load your bike onboard for the rest of your journey.
- Take the Angels Express train to the ball game at Anaheim. It’s only $7.50 or less roundtrip and you get to hang with fans and avoid traffic and parking hassles.
- For work and play, both OC Bus (64 routes and 54,000 stops) and Metrolink (12 Orange County stations) can get you where you need to go with no concerns about traffic or parking.